Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Coordinated Carter

Carter seems to be learning and growing so rapidly now. He has seven teeth, four on top and three on bottom; and yesterday as I was brushing his teeth, I noticed a molar coming in on top! Also yesterday, I let Carter give Bella her dog treats, but I have Carter stand up to give it to her. Well, Bella ended up backing away and Carter took about 10 steps towards her. He seems to have better balance and can take a couple steps as long as he is focused on something else. His vocabulary consists of Mama, Dada, Uh Oh, and Up. We have been working on the sign language thing with him and he seems to have picked that up really quick as of late. He can sign more, drink, all done, food or eat, and water.

Carter's coordination is increasing by the day. It probably doesn't seem like much to the average person, but the last time we played with these rings he had no idea what to do with them. So yesterday, when he knew exactly what to do them I was pretty excited and of course ran for the video camera.

Carter has been so much fun and we feel so blessed to have such a great and happy child. We look forward to teaching him and watching him continue to grow!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

He is so smart and so cute! He will be walking before we know it! He is growing up so fast now! I love his little uh oh! We love you Carter!

Ellie said...

I can't believe he has seven teeth! When E was that age she was still getting in her top teeth. He is definitely a handsome boy! Have fun for the 4th.

Carl said...

You've done a really nice job on your blog. Keep it up. We love seeing pictures of Carter. He's so darned cute! I love that he's playing now. Wait til he's two! HA!

Kari said...

Wow that's so amazing! He's so cute. I love how he inspected 'red' before placing it on top! He's hilarious!

Happy Anniversary, by the way! Is it time for #2 yet?! Ha ha jk.

Erica Shurter said...

Hi Guys,
I'm sure your mom told you I saw your blog! So cute! What a doll Carter is!!!! I can't wait to see him, and you guys, at the reunion the end of the month!!!! Love, Erica

Ryan said...

It's going to be fun to get together again. We can't wait to see you guys, your adorable kids and everyone else. See you soon.