Friday, October 24, 2008

It Really Works

A few weeks ago, my friend Kari had a Grocery Smarts instructor to her house to teach us how to use coupons and shop smart. I'll admit I was a little skeptical of it all at first, but definitely willing to try to cut my grocery bill in half. So I signed up for the RJ to get the Sunday ads. Today was the day that I put it to the test. Albertson's is having some great sales this week so I took advantage...
Total Purchase Value: $132.40
Out of Pocket: $52.93
Savings: $79.47
HOLY COW! IT WORKS!
Thanks Lisa for all the great tips!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

WAY TO GO!!! That is a 60% savings. Isn't such a thrill a checkout. I love walking out of the store knowing that I just saved my family money on what we buy.

Ellie said...

That is incredible! When I am up and going again I am signing up. So we should go together or help each other out with kids.

Kari said...

DANG!! I'm sooo bummed I missed out on that sale! Congrats, you did AMAZING for your first trip! I'm so jealous! I can't wait to hear details.

esherman10 said...

Nice job! I was happy with the things I got at the sale last week, too...my paper just started coming, so I'll have to keep working at it once I get more coupons.