Friday, May 29, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Carter started swimming lessons this week and the first couple of days he did ok. The last two days have been a nightmare. He absolutely won't let go of my neck or arms. He loves to be in the water but it has to be on his terms. He refuses to be on his back! He much prefers me to just hold him on my hips. By the end of the half hour class he is starting to warm up to the idea of being in the water and is just a tiny bit braver. I think next week I will go about a half hour early and see if I can't get him warmed up to the water before lessons even start. We'll see how next week goes, wish me luck!
Working on back kicks. As you can see, he certainly isn't on hs back, but he did kick.

Tucker, Julie, Carter, Jessica, Karalee, and Ryley
We are just missing Jessica and Kate. We love being with our friends!

Carter and Mom and the super bright sun.


Practicing jumping into the water. Sometimes he loves it, sometimes he hates it. Makele, this one is for you, it may be the only belly pic you get :)


Carter and Ryley, dried off and changed after lessons.
These two play so well together! Everytime we leave the pool Carter always asks, "Where Ryley go?"
Thanks Sam for taking the time to come take some pictures today. They turned out really cute!

4 comments:

Ellie said...

it's so hard when they don't like swim lessons...hopefully he warms up to it soon! you all are such good moms to take them to swim class, maybe one day he will appreciate it. =)

Makele said...

Thank you for the belly picture!! I can't believe how big the little girly is getting. Only 90 days left I see. Yay! Carter is really cute too. I miss him and love him so much. Hopefully I will see all three of you soon!

Sam, Julie, Tucker & Maizie said...

yay! Cute pictures :) We love taking that class with you! and by the way...you look adorable in a swimming suit. I was ginormous when I was pregnant with Tucker. ughhhhh.

Kari said...

How fun! I think you and Karalee are brave for doing it while you're pregnant. I don't think I'd have the confidence! You look great, and it looks like fun!