Friday was Carter's birthday. We started the day off singing to him with his candles in some french toast. He loved blowing out the candles. We re-lit them several times so that he could blow. This year he actually blew them out with his mouth. Last year he tried to blow them out with his nose.
June 5th is also Uncle Justin's birthday. For dinner and to celebrate both birthdays we went to Olive Garden. Here's Carter blowing on his mac n cheese with a napkin tied around his neck. 
Afterwards we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house to open gifts and have cake and ice cream. Carter did really well at tearing the wrapper off, but I think he was getting a little discouraged when he couldn't play with anything because it was all boxed up under the wrap.

Finally a toy he could play with. He wasn't much interested in opening anymore gifts after he found a toy to play with.

Grandpa was nice enough to open another toy to play with while Uncle Justin opened his gifts.

The birthday cake. Only we forgot to take a pic before it was all cut into. All well, you get the idea.

The two birthday boys.
I can't believe I have a 2 year old! Carter is seriously such a joy to have in our lives. It is amazing how even on a bad day he can make me smile. It's the "Oh, hi Mom Mom" that I simply can't resist, or the, "Mitsy, be a good girl." as we are walking out the door that makes me laugh. It is so much fun to have a two year old around. Trying at times, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Happy Birthday Carter! We love you!
Afterwards we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house to open gifts and have cake and ice cream. Carter did really well at tearing the wrapper off, but I think he was getting a little discouraged when he couldn't play with anything because it was all boxed up under the wrap.
Finally a toy he could play with. He wasn't much interested in opening anymore gifts after he found a toy to play with.
Grandpa was nice enough to open another toy to play with while Uncle Justin opened his gifts.
The birthday cake. Only we forgot to take a pic before it was all cut into. All well, you get the idea.
The two birthday boys.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday to two very special boys in my life! So fun that they share a birthday! Can't believe Carter is two! He is so so smart! Love them both!
Yay Happy Birthday Carter! He's so cute. I love all his cute phrases, too. When did he get so smart?!
Happy Birthday Carter!! We miss you guys! I feel like we haven't seen you in FOREVER!! I hope Carter had a great birthday. He is one cute kid :)
Post a Comment