Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm 25!


Ok, so I know I am really behind on blogging, but, on the other hand I am totally done with my Christmas shopping and I have groceries for at least 2 weeks. So I should be able to stay home and keep up with the blogging thing.
Dec 6th was my birthday and it was awesome! My wonderful husband surprised me with Texas french toast (my absolute favorite food in the whole world!). He even made the "stuff" to go with it. Which is essentially frosting. When I was little my dad would melt butter and powdered sugar for our french toast. We ended up just calling it the "stuff" and I love it! Then he was off to UNLV to study for finals. I was kinda bummed about it until an enormous bouquet of Stargazer Lillis arrived (my absolute favorite again) from my Carter and Ryan. How sweet is he? He also got me a nice earring and necklace set; but the thing I am most excited about is the gift certificate to Roni Josef for a facial! Later that night we went to our friends, the Shermans, for a gingerbread house decorating party. It was a ton of fun even if our house didn't stay standing. They surprised me with an Oreo birthday cake and sang to me. It was really great to be able to spend my birthday with a group of good friends.

The next day we went to Ryan's family's house for dinner and Kathy made me Enchiladas for dinner. Let me tell you, you haven't lived until you have had her chicken enchiladas! She also got me a delicious strawberry angel food cake from Freed's. Overall, I would have to say it was definitely a great birthday! Thanks to every who contributed to it. I am so excited to use my gift certificate and with my birthday money I am going to go get a haircut. I got so used to the convenience of working in a salon and getting my hair cut, eyebrows waxed, facials, nails, and even massages whenever I wanted. I am going through some serious withdrawals. I have only had 2 real haircuts since Carter has been born and the rest of the time I have either done it myself or had Ryan do it. I am so overdue!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You are my favorite 25 year old! I love you and am so happy you are part of the fam!